Bangkok – ‘come of age’
Bangkok has grown into a sophisticated city boasting a new metro as well as the Sky Train, allowing this city to change from being just a stopover to a City Destination in its own right.
Many World class restaurants and bars have opened in recent years turning Bangkok into a ‘Foodies Paradise’. Prices are inexpensive when compared to home making it affordable for everyone.
Some must does when you visit Bangkok –
- Bridge on the River Kwai – visit the museum in Kanchanaburi and the Cemetery where many Australian POW’s are buried. Then travel onto the actual Bridge followed by a 1.5 hour train trip on the Death Railway to Death’s Bridge. A very moving experience.
- Long Boat Klong canal trip – experience the life lived on the canals with an electic mix of wooden houses on stilts, tin shacks and large homes with high fences, and also some floating markets.
- Temple Tours – take a guided tour of some Temples and learn about the local culture.
- Grand Palace – The former residence of the Chakri Kings, the palace is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese Court. Today it is Bangkok’s major landmark and most popular tourist attraction.
- Local restaurants and bars – experience the amazing Bangkok atmosphere and cuisine in some of the most World reknown chef’s restaurants. Contact Goondiwindi Travel for a quote today.